Tuesday, February 10, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I was tagged by my niece Denise and decided to participate if I could come up with 25things so here goes:

1. When I was a child I was on a television show called "Big Brother Bob". It was a show in Massachusetts and I sat on his lap during the entire show.

2. My friend Sandy & I earned the nickname "Mud Buds" when we were on a VIM(Volunteers in Mission) trip in Des Moines, Iowa after the floods 1993. The men in our team saw a recipe on the back of Crispix Cereal called Mud Buds and said,"That's what you two are, Mud Bud's!" Part of our work consisted of shoveling up mud and sewage, along with demolishing a porch, installing insulation, learning to rewire a house and other various jobs. The nickname has stuck all these years. We really got to know each other on this trip and have become life long friends. What a true blessing this VIM trip was both to the recipients of our work and to all who went to give of their time and talents!

3. I taught horseback riding as a Junior Counselor at Camp Adelawan Claysville PA.

4. In my chemisty class I got the "Hairy Canary Award" for growing the best crystal.

5. I use to figure skate. I now couldn't even stand on a pair of ice skates!

6. I was pretty good on the uneven parallel bars in gymnastics!

7. I was a student assistant occupational therapist at New England Medical Center through Tufts University.

8. I worked for the Credit Bureau of Dayton, Ohio as a credit reporter.

9. I was a Fuller Brush Saleswoman as a youngster! I went door to door selling Fuller Brush products and loved doing it!

10. I killed my sisters goldfish! Yes, I did! I admit it! We shared a room. She never cleaned her fish bowl. I couldn't stand it any more. So I purposely put something in the water to make the fish die. I have prayed for her forgiveness and confessed many times! The water was so green you couldn't even see the fish in it! It was so gross! I know I am a horrible person. You all know the truth now!

11. My mother would get so tickled cause I always would get fed up and say "Ann go out and do something, I need to do something" & Ann would go I would spend hours cleaning the room immaculate and surprise Ann. Mom said Ann always knew I would eventually do it cause I couldn't stand it. Ann & I loved each other so much. We were exact opposites in so many ways too. I was so blessed to spend that last week of her life with her. I still miss her to this day and wonder what it would be like if she were here.

12. When I went to my future husband's home town and stayed at a relatives home overnight, because it wasn't proper to stay in the same home as my boyfriend, I woke up to a pig walking through the bedroom. Yes, I said a pig. It was a baby pig,
and yes, I felt like I was on an episode of "Green Acres".

13. When I was accepted at Ohio State University my father was so excited! He told me, "That's where you are going!" I thought, ok? He then said, "They have a great football team!" Of course it might have had something to do with the fact he had just moved to Dayton and managed to get me in as "in state" somehow! I didn't even know they had a football team...and who cares about football?

14. My favorite vegetable is fresh asparagus - very thin and not overcooked! Oh man, I love spinach too...I guess actually it is a toss up between the two.

15. My idea of a wonderful evening is being at home on a summer's night, sitting on the front porch with my grandchildren watching the sun set over the mountain and saying "going going,gone." They all have done that since they were tiny and still ask to do it when they are here in the summer.

16. If I could go anywhere in the world I would love to visit Australia.

17. If I could have any job in the world, it would be my current one.

18. I was part of a United Methodist Show Choir called "Celebration" for quiet a few
years.

19. I am The Staunton District United Methodist Women Secretary
Secretary of Marquis Memorial United Methodist Church
Secretary of St. Mark's United Methodist Women
Also Do Volunteer Secretarial work for St. Mark's
Was volunteer Secretary of Church Council of Marquis Memorial.
Was Secretary of TOPS at one time.
and have been Secretary of International Order of King's Daughters and Sons
I think I am SECRETARY OF ENOUGH THINGS!!!!!! Might try doing something else...I might be in a rut? Think?

20. I like orange juice with lots of pulp...ok I know I am running
out of things now!

21. I have two tattoos...I know I was nuts! And regret getting the one on my hand! I love my lighthouse tattoo on my shoulder.

22. I don't like my toes!

23. I have a freckle on my lip, have had it all my life, and no amount of lipstick will cover it up. I even have had a special make up artist say she could make it so I could wear lipstick with camouflage makeup ...ha! Even she couldn't make it work. You put lipstick on and it blares right through. It looks worse. Roger loves my freckle. One time my mother when I was an adult said,"Sue, you have and ink mark on your lip." I said, "Mom, it is a freckle I have had all my life." I couldn't believe she forgot.

24. I also have a bigger one on my hiney! Ops Too much info~

25.I always wondered what it would be like to live in one place all my life. Now I am so happy I have moved lots. I have lived in 5 states. It is a blessing as I have been able to aquire such wonderful friends and have still kept in contact with them over all these years. I still email friends in MA, OH, NC and PA and of course VA. Friendships are something that I treasure! Where would we be without our friends?

This has actually been lots of fun! I tag anyone who would like to try it. Hope you have learned somethings you didn't know about me. And...don't think less of me about one thing (the fish, remember we are all forgiven when we repent). Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am glad that you have repented. But, maybe you helped that fish out. It was probably dying a slow death. I learned so much more about you!

    ReplyDelete