Thursday, April 22, 2010

Long Time No Blog

I have had many comments about the absence of my blogging, so here goes. Let me tell you about how I have been spending my retirement. First of all most of you are probably tired of seeing on facebook that I am enjoying Farmville. Yes, I am hooked. Roger says, "You complain that every time we move, I move you further and further away from the city. Now I come home and all you do is plow up fields, and seed and harvest. You feed pigs, and harvest fruit trees." I laugh.

I don't do that all day. I am involved in several Bible studies. I am so enjoying right now a "Women of the Bible" study on Thursday mornings. Thursday evening I continue my TOPS group (Take of Pounds Sensibly) although I must say I am not taking off any pounds. I am mostly maintaining my current weight. That isn't very good. However at least I am not gaining. It is a good group and a lot of support.

Wednesday evenings Roger and I both attend our church Bible Study. I continue to do our church bulletins. I also attend several circle groups, and transport home bound people to their Doctor appointments. This is what I wanted to be able to do in retirement. I am able to help make meals for our church members that are home bound due to surgeries etc. which I was not as readily available to do working. I am busy, believe me. I attend several senior groups for fellowship during the month also. Ok, I am not actually a senior but I enjoy them.

I also am available when something comes up if my son needs me to pick up the children when Tara is working late. That happens very seldom but it is wonderful to be able to do so.

I am looking forward to a friends coming for a visit in May and another one coming in June. On Mother's Day I am hosting the annual triple birthday party as well as having Tara's extended family over to help celebrate. That will be a houseful.

Then we will be to July and the busy time for Roger's work with plant shut downs. After that will be our 40th anniversary and we leave the end of that week for a mission trip to Choctaw, MS. I am so excited about that. Roger has never had the opportunity to go on a mission trip. He will have so much to offer helping the Native American elders with much needed repairs. With my back issues I will be helping with Bible School type studies with the children and women. It will be such a joy to be on another mission trip and especially with Roger.

So as you can see, being retired, I am not letting it slow me down. Now maybe you can see why I have not blogged much. When I started this blog today, I thought what am I going to say. Guess I did have something to tell you...hum maybe I should try to write more often.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy and fun life! Your trip sounds oh, so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I thought you were supposed to have some down time when you retire. Looks like you are constantly on the go, but obviously doing things you love to do. I'm deciding after being home for a week, I could get used to that again, but that won't be happening anytime soon. Enjoy your life in retirement - you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue don't worry you qualify as a senior. Looks like you are having a great time and look forward after 40yrs. of work to be able to do something different if I am ever able to retire. I don't think I would like to just stay at home either. You are also doing for others which is very nice and I would like to do that too. The Mission trip sounds great. If I retire I will take a month or so and travel around the states and visit with old friends, relatives etc. with out having to worry about onlu having a week or two and rushing to get back to work So don't be surprised if someday I stop bye. Know any good health care programs for those under 65? You should post more ofton and keep working on farmville maybe you will catch up to me. LY.

    ReplyDelete