Sunday, August 17, 2008

Witnessing a Wonderful New Beginning

Yesterday we were blessed to witness a wonderful new beginning! Ross & Jungmeen became husband and wife. The wedding was a sweet, elegant and touching service. There is no doubt that these two are meant to spend the rest of their lives together and the Lord himself has had His hand in their finding each other!

It truly was a blessing to have witnessed this marriage, from the Pastor of Jungmeen's church in Rochester, NY telling about Jungmeen and himself praying for a Christian man to come into her life, to the pastor of the church in Christiansburg telling of his witnessing the meeting of Ross and Jungmeen and the development of their relationship & the role of their Lord in that relationship. What a true blessing!

After that beautiful service, everyone went to the Inn at Virginia Tech for a wonderful reception. Everything was lovely. The highlight personally to me was when Lee and Tara and many of the young people were up on the dance floor doing the Electric slide. All of a sudden I realized there were Ross and Lee side by side with big smiles on their faces. I have to admit tears started to fall. It was like years melted away and there they were once again performing on stage. No, not clogging but there they were having the fun they did as middle school children side by side performing, dancing for the enjoyment of others, competing in their dance group. It was priceless. I only wish I had gotten a photo. That would have been a treasure to me. I am tearing up as I am typing this. Dancing was such a big part of their lives back then. What a friendship theirs was. Even though years have gone by the smiles on their faces brought such joy to this mothers heart. They will never know how much it meant. Not only did their dancing bring joy to their mothers but also, they brought the two families together in a friendship that will forever be a bond and blessing! Thank you for this blessing!

My heart is so full for this young couple that now starts their life together. I pray God's blessings on them both. God is so good! Today they leave for their honeymoon to Vienna. I pray for travel mercies and a wonderful trip for both of them. God bless them in their wonderful new life together.

2 comments:

  1. Sue,
    I have been catching up on emails after arriving from Vienna. (awesome by the way, but more details will be on our web site eventually), and I just now found this blog entry.

    Thank you for your encouraging words. I also know that God brought us together, and that we will be happy because of him.
    I well remember dancing with Lee, and felt the same nostalgia that you did. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed dancing with a friend.

    Thank you again for all of your love and support.

    --Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things like this make me the Lords blessing in my own marriage. He delivered Drew straight to my house, that is where we met. The Lord seems to have a home delivery of blessings to our family. In fact just last night Drew was praying and someone knocked at the door with an answer to the prayer. How beautiful it is when we have the opportunity to hear about the blessings that others have from the Lord

    ReplyDelete