Saturday, August 30, 2008

What a special husband I have!

Most of you know I have back issues. Well my sweet husband can tell just by looking at me when I am having an episode. I walked in from work yesterday and didn't say a word. He took one look at me and said, "On, no!" How did he know? I looked at him and said,"You are amazing."

Off to the bedroom I went. On went my TENS unit. I took 2 Motrin on an empty stomach (which I learned later was a mistake), put a wedge behind my upper back, a wedge under my legs and tried to get somewhat comfortable waiting for the Motrin to kick in so I could go to sleep. Next think I knew my sweet husband was asking what I wanted for supper. We ate a bite. Then he went downstairs to watch TV while I drifted in and out of sleep. He told me he kept coming up to check on me. However I was asleep and awake lots! Every time he came up he said I was asleep. He came to bed about midnight and that is when I woke up. I was awake until 2:30AM, then got up took a hot shower and came back to bed. I finally drifted off again and woke back up about 6AM. Roger was awake and said, "OK" enough is enough, we have to find you something you can be comfortable in."

Up we got, dressed, had coffee, and a bite to eat, we went to our church ran the bulletins for Sunday. Then the "great search" started. Little did I know my sweet husband had done lots of research. I didn't particularly want to ride around in his little red truck with seats that cave in. My poor back doesn't like them. Plus I was not feeling well, but he has to work all day Sunday and Labor Day so it is today or who knows when. So we went to a local furniture store. I must have tried 2 dozen chairs. I found one Lazy Boy chair that 'would do' and it was on sale. Roger said, "we will get the sales lady's card" but we are going to look more. UGH! "OK" (I just wanted to go home.)

Then we went up to Harrisonburg. First to one store. Roger said "I want you to try out this European style chair." I thought European? I am American. OK. So in we go. I sat down in this funny looking chair. Oh my goodness. Tears ran down my cheek. I have never sat in a chair that has felt so good in my life. All I could do is look up at him. What a wonderful man he is. He had read up on what would be best for me. How could I be so lucky? How could I have found this wonderful, caring, and so loving man? How was I blessed to have a man that thought so much for others? And he does! Then I looked at the price tag. IKES. It is way more than a recliner! He told the sales lady to put it on hold we would be back.

Then he said I want to take you to one more store. I was still in shock. Off we went to another store. It carried a brand called EKORNES they were very similar to the chair I just tried. They explained all about them and how they were endorsed by the American Chiropractic Association. They went through how they were built etc. They have a whole line of furniture. Oh my. From chairs, couches, love seats etc. They are gorgeous! In my wildest dreams I would love to have a room completely outfitted in this furniture. Roger let them explain all about it. I was very impressed. I sat in one. The saleslady left us alone. I said, this feels the same as the other chair at the other place. Roger simply smiled. Then I looked at the price. OH MY GOSH! (some of the chairs sell for as much as $3,000.00) I looked back at Roger and he said, "Now may I take you back and buy you the chair at the last store?" I looked at him and smiled and said, yes and thank you very much. I love you."

What a wise man to take me to this store after I had sticker shock at the last store!

So we went back to the other store and purchased the Lane chair that is the same style as the EKORNES chair. Roger told me that if it doesn't hold up which he thinks it will, that he will get me an EKORNES chair later but for now at least I have a chair to get me by until then!

Like the title of this blog.... What a special husband I have!

Love & Hugs!

3 comments:

  1. WOW, Roger you are the best. I just hope someday to be as clever. You sure tricked her into letting you get that chair. I hope it helps you alot. This was a great post. LY, Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found him because God lead you to him. That is very sweet and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I want one of those, holding Anna really does a number on my back! What a good husband! Isn't being ,arried the BEST?

    ReplyDelete