Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Moving Right Along!

I promised a progress report. As of today, the gutters are back up on the main part of the house, & are complete on the new patio cover. The main wood beam across the legnth of the patio near the yard has been wrapped in aluminum and the outside of the patio "facing" is also complete with the exception of the finish moulding which we can not find anywhere! Apparently they don't manufacture aluminum outside corner moulding anymore. Roger will check with a distributor first before he has to hand make it himself from rolled aluminum. We installed the beginning rows of soffit last night (not an easy task) (after those rows I have been promised it will be a breeze) and hung the ceiling fan and light. It is finally beginning to look like I wanted it! Woopie!!!! Today we will put up J channel ... We are in hope to be almost 90% done by tomorrow night! Boy will we both be glad. It has been lots of work. But well worth it.

We have been working until way past dark each night. Last night we came inside and Roger went down to quickly check his work email. I flopped on the bed and when I woke up this morning there I was, still in the same position...you guessed it. In my clothes! Roger didn't even awaken me to get undressed. Good Grief! You will laugh, my biggest surprise was that I didn't even wake up to go to the bathroom all night. Very unusual for me!

1 comment:

  1. Well it sounds like you have accomplished a lot. Hope that now you can relax and enjoy it. Try to remember to change before falling asleep for the night tonight. Well if you don't work so hard then you could save some energy to get changed. I would guess Roger was also very tired. You to are amazing.

    ReplyDelete