Thursday, August 27, 2009

Nothing can last forever!

Sunday, we got up and went to church. In the middle of the service, I had to go out and take some medicine. My back started up again! Out of the blue! Here we go again! The physical thearpist is trying to figure out what has happened, and we are going through the process of elimination. But I sure didn't like it when she told me that surgery is inevitable. Nor did I like it when the other Dr. I went to on Monday at UVA (a pelvic floor disorder, Dr.) told me that my bladder issues are also most likely coming from my back issues.

I have to go back to that Dr. on September 16th after I do some record keeping for them and change in medication. Then we will go from there on that issue. Boy this aging is no picnic. I am doing everything I can do to keep from having surgery. But all indications are that it is heading in that direction wether I like it or not.

Now for some good news. Roger told me he was tired of seeing me struggle to get in and out of my suv. So we went in search of a new car. We did find one. And I am now driving a Toyota Venza. It is "blizzard pearl". It is very easy to get in and out of. I still say that he had the "I wanna new car blues", but how could I say no with such a sweet reason he gave me for wanting to get me a new car. Besides we do drive around a lot of shut in's and it was very difficult to get them in the car. I had been having a very hard time lately getting in the car so it was a good idea. Not to mention the car was very high on milage and needing lots of work. And no, for those of you who may be asking the question...we did not do "cash for clunkers". My car was not a clunker and I absolutely get livid over the idea of that program. Let's not even go there!

So, I am driving a wonderful new car, when I can. We only have 200 some miles on it, and have our nearest plan for any distant travel is when we go on vacation the end of September to Holden beach with Bonnie and Larry Spoon. We will keep you posted on that and how we enjoy the car then.

Hope you are all enjoying the end of the summer. Luv to all!

1 comment:

  1. sorry to hear about your back getting worse. Take your meds they sem to work very well. I pray that you are with out too much pain. Enjoy your new car and take good care of your self.

    ReplyDelete