Friday, September 4, 2009

What fun!

Well I have been telling you about the fun we have been having watching the hummingbirds. I told Roger for my birthday I wanted a squirrel free bird feeder. I told him I wanted one with a shepherd's hook so that we could put it fairly close to the patio and we could watch the birds.

He went right out and got a double-decker one so we could put two types of bird seed in it and attract different types of birds. Last night he put it up. I think he needs to put the post deeper in the ground as it isn't real steady, which he said he will.

This morning I went out to have coffee on the patio. Wow, the birds are already coming. So far they are only going to the lower level guess they like that seed best. I saw this large cardinal, and quite a few smaller birds. What fun it was. Now, I need a book to identify the birds. There must have been at least 10 different birds come to it. I didn't want to go in and get dressed for work. With the long weekend I can sit out there and watch quite a bit. I can hardly wait. I know it isn't my birthday for almost a month yet. But, I can enjoy it before the weather gets really cold a lot longer. Don't I have the best husband?

6 comments:

  1. It is fun! Im so glad that they're visiting so much!

    And Yes, your husband *IS* the best (although I might be slightly biased)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, he is a good husband, but I know some other people that may qualify :)

    I remember Grandpa Dick and his hummingbird feeder. Your post reminded me of that and made me smile.

    For an update about Megs Miracle. Go to my blog and click on the link to the Megs Miracle blog. Right now they just have pictures, but I asked them to post an update. Thanks for donating. That was really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roger is the man. I thought the same thing about dad and his hummingbirds. Denise is on the same wavelength. I just think that that patio is a great relaxing place to go to to forget all your troubles. Arn't birds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you get to enjoy the lovely sounds of the cicadas? We have been treated to a nightly symphony of noise for the past couple of weeks. Glad you have a new place to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I guess I was a bit biased when I made that statement about the best husband in world, but he rates right up there with "the best!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks wonderful!!! I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete