Wednesday, September 30, 2009

This is the life

I am sitting here on the porch of the cottage the Spoon's and we are sharing. The sun is shining on the ocean, the dolphins are jumping behind the fishing boat out in the ocean. The birds are skiffing over the water. Sipping on a cup of coffee and soaking up the warmth of the sun. It doesn't get much better than this. We are having a wonderful and relaxing time down here at Holden Beach. I have been remembering all the times growing up as a child our family came down here and how much it has changed over the years. I guess things do change in decades. But here it is still a quiet and non commercial vacation spot. That is what makes this a great vacation spot. You are close enough to drive to Myrtle Beach if you want all the commercial stuff, but if you don't you can just relax and stay here and enjoy God's wonderful gifts He has provided and never go into the hustle and bustle of the commercial towns. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the fun in Myrtle beach, we went to North Myrtle Beach and went to Calabash. That was fun too, but we all seem to enjoy just being here the most.

Well, I will get back to enjoying the beach and friendship and fellowship and the outdoors. Just had to update everyone on how our vacation is going... Luv

4 comments:

  1. sounds wonderfull. Relax and forget all your worries. Thank you for the post. what has changed in Holden Beach? - Enjoy -

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's this about a cup of coffee? You can enjoy the beach easily without it! The beach will still be relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I was told I could have coffee while I was on vacation! The "no coffee" was for my comfort. But thanks for the concern. I do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun and enjoy the silence. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete