Sunday, January 17, 2010

"Things are really looking up"

I am doing super! "My chair has been moved back down to the family room, tomorrow the "little t.v." will be removed from the living room. I will be so happy to have my living room back to being a "living room" and my family room back to being a "family room" again. I have never liked a t.v. in the living room, but I have to admit it was a comfort not having to go down those stairs when I was sore and found it hard to manipulate the stairs.

I am able now to go some without my brace on my back, but do wear it if I am having a day of heavy chores or "feeling a bit sore" which is less and less these days. My next appointment with the neurosurgeon is the beginning of March and I am sure he will be very pleased at my progress, I know we sure are. To think only four months ago I was in misery. The change is remarkable. I am so grateful. It has been a long road, but with my family and friends,it was made so much easier. Thanks!!! I appreciate all you did. I love you all.

Now I am looking forward to the warmer weather and the volunteer work I have longed to do for years. I have begun to do some but only when I feel up to it. I am joining a group of friends in a daytime Bible Study at Staunton Church of the Alliance where people from several other denominations participate also ... that begins a week from Thursday, we are all looking forward to that.

Sandy and I are planning a road trip...yes a road trip...south!!! I can't believe it. We will drive but not as far in a day. We are very excited about it and looking forward to it.

So as you can see, I am keeping busy, no sitting and watching soap opera's for me! Maybe "Good Morning America" and sipping coffee with my feet propped up before I get going....I won't say I don't do that....

2 comments:

  1. Great news. I am sooo happy that you are feeling better. Why did you wait so long to have the opperation? Anyway you did the correct thing and it payed off. Now that you are retired do what you want volunteer if that is what you want but take it easy and try to be very carefull getting around. Yes take that road trip you can do anything you want. Maybe even a trip to Washington DC to see the sights with Sandy and stay at the Knowles B&B they would love to have you.

    ReplyDelete