Sunday, August 28, 2011

Earthquake, Hurricane, What Next?

It has been sometime since I have posted. It has been a very hot summer, little rain. Now we have been experiencing some unusual things as the title of this post indicates.

Praise the Lord, we were not affected too badly by the earthquake or the hurricane. I was sewing when the earthquake happened. At first I thought "what in the world did the electric men do when they trimmed that tree"? They had just finished. Then I realized it was an earthquake. It was the strangest feeling. My feet felt like they were vibrating for hours even after it was over. They weren't of course, but I had that sensation. Roger was at work in Richmond, and said he was sitting on a turned over bucket and it moved him and the bucket at least 6".

Kristy and family did have some damage from the high winds and rains. A tree fell on their house. Luckily they got it taken down and seems to be no damage to the house. Their electric was off from the hurricane for a bit, but they are alright.

My brother Pete and his wife's home was damaged from the earthquake. Their chimney lost bricks that neighbors said sounded like bullets when they fell. Quite a bit of damage and their insurance is not going to cover it. However I spoke with them today and they did not experience any damage from the hurricane. Their neighbors did loose trees.

This all leaves me wondering what we are in for next. In my last post I stated we would be going on vacation in September. As of now we have no plans for that. We are going to Ohio the beginning of Sept. to a joyful event. Our dear friends daughter will be getting married on the 10th. She is the daughter of Roger's best friend that passed away over 10 years ago. She asked Roger to give her away. What an honor. It was with the greatest pleasure he accepted.

Other than that we are also looking forward to our youngest granddaughter's first birthday this Wednesday. It is so hard to believe she will be one already. She is walking everywhere and the sweetest little thing. And I mean little. She may be tiny but boy does she have an attitude and boy is she strong!

I am praying for all those who were affected by the earthquake and the hurricane.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad everything is ok with you guys. What a special thing for Roger to do! Wow, that is really wonderful. I can't believe that she is 1 already. It seems like just yesterday that her birth was announced. I hope you get to get out and have some fun. xoxo

    ReplyDelete