Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hello From Texas

It has been a long time since I have posted my son informed me. Since I have posted before many changes have happened in my life. I now live in Texas.

In September of 2011 Roger came home and told me that he was retiring and had taken a position in Corpus Christi, TX. In my last post I mentioned we were going to Ohio for a wedding. The day Roger told me we were going to move was the day we were leaving to go to Ohio for the wedding. So you can see why I haven't had time to post since then. All "heck" broke loose after that.

After the shock set in and many tears, many boxes were packed, I boarded a plane on my birthday and flew to San Marcos, TX and spent several days at my brother Bob and wife Robin's home. Roger drove down and joined me and we spent a week there while our things were brought down from Virginia. They made us feel at home and were so gracious while we were there.

We moved into a townhouse sight unseen. It is very difficult making the adjustment from a house to a townhouse but we are becoming accustomed to it. The kitchen is so small but the bedrooms are good sized and we have more bathrooms here than in the house.

In October my friend Sandy flew down and she helped me navigate around and find stores etc. It is hard living in a big city after being in a rural setting for so many years.

Christmas was very difficult. Thank goodness it fell on a Sunday. That helped a great deal. We found a church right away that welcomed us with open arms and we became active right away.

Sandy came again this past week and we went to S. Padre Island for a few days and that was nice. She left yesterday and I will miss her so much.

I have a week and then my brother Pete and his wife Helen are taking me on a cruise to Belize and Cozumel which I am very excited about. I can't believe I am going on a cruise.

I have been so busy finding Dr.'s and a dentist. Seems like since I have been here I have had to have lots of dental work and problems with my feet etc but hoping to have everything straightened out before I leave on the cruise. Wish me luck!!

I also keep busy making quilt tops. I have made several since moving here and have found a wonderful little quilt shop called, "The Quilt Cottage" very close to where we live, to Roger's dismay. No, not really. I figure, he moved me here, he has to live with it. LOL

When I get back it won't be long and our friend Sharon from Ohio and her granddaughter are coming for a visit. In June our son and his family is coming down and one of our granddaughters is spending a month in Texas going to camp and when she is done I am going to have her here for a week. When she leaves in July I am flying back with her to Virginia and I will spend two weeks there visiting. I am so looking forward to going "home" and seeing everyone.

I wish to thank my son Lee for reminding me that I needed to update my blog. Thanks Lee. Sorry everyone I have neglected it for so long. But as you can see I have had lots going on. If you would like to keep in touch my email is suehilt1@hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Dear Aunt Sue,

    I'm so sorry that you were forced to uproot your life with so little notice. It just doesn't seem right to me, but it does seem like you are adjusting. The weather must be heavenly. Please know that we love you and pray for you happiness in your new home. I'm so happy that you will be able to spend so much time with your family this summer! Dad is here right now helping me move and will go home one day before your cruise. I'm so excited for you! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete