Thursday, October 16, 2008

I have been Tagged! My Quirks

Ok, my niece Denise has tagged me. So here goes.

1. I have very talented tongue! I can touch my tongue to my nose, I can curl my tongue, I can "spritz" people with my tongue. I discovered that when I was little riding in the car and I yawned. I can fold my tongue. I joke that being able to touch my nose with my tongue comes in handy with a tongue and get the normal remark ewwww!

2. The biggest quirk that I have is MICE. I can't stand them. I freak out just at the thought. I have my house treated monthly "just in case". I feel the amount I pay is well worth the possibility. We live across from a farm and one time a field mouse was in my house and I honestly was ready to put the house on the market. Christopher who was about 3 at the time said, "Look Ne-Ne a squirrel" and I looked to see the mouse. I lost it completely and think poor Christopher will never be the same. At work there is an understanding with each pastor that comes. If ever they come to work and see a post a note with nothing written on it on the door and me no where in sight, they know that there has been a mouse sighting and I am gone,... out of here until it has been found and taken care of.

3. Also, I hate the feel of paper bags, can not stand to fold or crease them. It causes the roof of my mouth to get goose bumps on it. This also happens when I fold paper napkins. So if you come to my house either you deal with unfolded napkins or someone else has folded them...or use cloth ones! Not because I am fancy by any means!

4. I can not tolerate any kind of legume! It is not the taste I dislike, it is the texture. I like green beans, but that is about it. NO Lima's, northern beans, kidney beans etc. Ewwww. You can have them all. I love the broth just not the bean itself. Now if you puree them I can handle it. Go figure. It has to be the texture. When I make chili I will throw the beans in the processor and then I can eat them. Or use no beans at all.

5. I dislike mean spirited people. I can not see any use in people making fun of people to hurt someone on purpose. If everyone would just try to accept people for how they feel in their hearts and souls not their appearance outwardly this world would be so much better off. I know that is simple but sometimes simple is all we need.

6. Children make my heart sing. The joy in watching them just gives me such happiness. If I could give one piece of advice to parents these days, please just get down on their level. Get down on the floor & play with them. Laugh and giggle with them. Get outside and kick that ball, throw a Frisbee, slide down a slide, swing on a swing. Do hands on activities, and hug them! In these trying economic times, the time you spend is so much more valuable than the "material" things. My children remember all the times I sat with them and actually did thing with them. Simply colored pictures, and as my son said recently, "we always had fun, even if we didn't spend money." That really made this mom feel good. He said he remembered all the good times. Now I am to the age where it really hurts to "get down on the ground with my grandchildren, believe me I try, and they are so good about trying to help me get up. But it breaks my heart that it is almost impossible to do these day. I will keep trying as long as I can. I will figure out something! Parents one day this will be you too and you will regret it if you don't do it now!

7. Ok my quirks kinda got side tracked. I apologize for that. I kinda got on a roll about children. I guess that is where my heart is right now. Love and hugs, Sue

3 comments:

  1. I can see how the paper bag would make you feel weird. I don't know if loving children or disliking mean people are quirks but I feel the same way. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate wet wood like licking a wooden spoon, paper bags are a bit yuck too. As for mice I am totally with you, i have nightmares about getting mice, good idea to have ou house treated

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm guessing you'll be the entertainment at Thanksgiving, showing us all of your tongue capabilities!

    ReplyDelete