Friday, July 17, 2009

Picture this!

You go to church and you look across the aisle and see this lady. She is rather "large". She is singing, with all her heart. She has this smile on her face. You think to yourself, she sure is a happy soul. Then you really look at her. You glance down and notice oh my. She has on a nice top, and a skirt, but then you see she is one of those older ladies with the support hoes that roll down her legs and funny looking shoes or perhaps sandles on. OH no, it is your relative (or friend) it is SUE!

Yes, but even funnier is picture this: Sue at home relaxing on her newly covered patio. In the privacy of her back yard. She has shorts on (only in her yard would she wear shorts these days) and compression knee highs and sandles. What a sight..now be honest you have to laugh. I do.

Hey, you do what you have to do. I was so afraid, that when I went back to the Dr.she would take me off the medication that is helping with the pain I have been having from my back. The Dr. walked in the examination room and I immediately said, "PLEASE don't take me off the Lyrica." The Dr.said, "why would I do that?". I stuck out my extreemly swollen feet from edema. The Dr's reaction was a loud "WOW". We discussed it and came to the conclusion that the benefits of the Lyrica were too great to stop taking it. The Dr. put me on a diuretic, and prescribed compression hose. I will have my potassium checked in two weeks as I had an issue with that the last time I was on a diuretic and then go back to the Dr. in a month. Whew...I was assured that we would keep watch and that I was in no danger. I got my "hose' and have been wearing them and they do wonders. I take them off and my feet aren't swollen. They are a nuisence to wear but they do the job along with the diuretic. So I am pleased about that. The Lyrica is amazing as far as the relief I am getting with my back....Life is good.

So if you see a hefty (it does add weight) women in Staunton, who is wearing a smile these day, with support hose rolling down her leggs...it may just be your relative (friend)...but hey she is up, going, and happy to be pain free these day! Praise the Lord!

4 comments:

  1. Well we want you to post a picture of the way you are we want to see and have the rolled up hose and shorts in the picture. It will be great probably will be picted up and all over the net. Really. I am so happy that you are feeling so good. If you are happy and the dr says it does no harm what the heck go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to drink orange juice and eat bananas to replace the potassium. Sometimes you get leg cramps when you take a diuretic so the OJ and bananas will help with that also. Have fun in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you sound like me only two months ago! I have had to wear compression hose when I was pregnant with Luke (thigh highs) and Grant (all the way past the belly!) If I ever have another I wonder if they make a full body compression hose? Anyway, I'm sure you aren't that large but all that matters is that you are pain free and happy. You can always pull up the hose. I don't think they work very well rolled down! I'm so glad that you are feeling no pain. Yay! Oh, yeah, I was hoping to see an actual picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your feeling good. We love you!

    ReplyDelete