Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What a busy beginning to the summer it has been!

Hi everyone! We have been so busy I haven't had time to blog lately. Let's catch everyone up. I am so happy to report that after almost a year I am finally getting relief with my back pain. The neurosurgeon handed me the papers for the surgery I was to have and I took one look at the list of "possible" risks and outcomes and told him I needed to think about it. He also said that there was no guarenttee it would help the pain. Ok? So why do it? I went home and prayed about it. My answer was I couldn't see going through this painful surgery and all the recovery time for something that there was a possibility of no relief and maybe even more pain or more surgery. I decided to go back to my family Dr and request we give some other medications a try that were not narcotics. She agreed with my decision and we started trying other medications. We FOUND one and it is Lyrica. It and physical therapy are doing the trick. I almost feel like my old self. I do have some side effects but hey I can live with them. I have trouble with finding words sometimes, and just recently my feet swell up like balloons, and one side effect is weight gain. But you know what, even that I can live with, the pain was so bad and I feel so good now, that I honestly don't care! Roger says, more to love!

Now let's see what has been going on. Bob came for a day to visit while Robin was in Charlottesville grading. Then we went to Charlottesville twice to spend time with Robin at family gatherings her employer gave for them for all their hard work. What a wonderful time we had and boy did they go all out for the graders! What perks they get! One night we took Trinity and she had so much fun!

Robin came to Staunton and we took her to Sydney's 4th birthday party. It was at Tara's mother and father's home and was to be a pool party. But alas it was rained out. We still managed to have a big time watching Sydney open all her gifts. We had delicious food too!

During all this, Sue was also helping out at the Gem Show at Expo Land. She worked Friday, Saturday and Sunday. She helped with a booth and had items for sale to benefit the church.

Roger and Lee started working on the patio cover. We have had several canopies we have put up over the years to provide shade but they eventually get damaged by the wind and rain. This year we are building a permant one. Progress is going along well.

Stephanie Dadiskos is coming for a visit on the 17th and will stay until the 23rd. Then We will leave on the 24th for a long weekend trip to the Dutch country in PA. We are looking forward to all the events.

Hope all of you are enjoying your summer. Sorry it has been so long since I have posted but as you can see ...it has been a very busy time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy! I'm so glad that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good you are feeling better. Hope it continues. Try to not do too much and don't lift anything. Take care of your self.

    ReplyDelete