Friday, October 30, 2009

It's All Over

Well on October 16th I had my surgery. As I have been told it went well. I wouldn't know as I was not conscious. Tee hee hee.

When I came out of surgery, apparently I was given two types of pain medications intravenously. However, I apparently I had an adverse reaction. I lost a couple of days. There were several people that came to visit that I have no recollection they were there. The Dr. said I gave them quite a scare. They had to give me some sort of medication to counteract the medications to wake me up. Oh well, I didn't know any of this went on. I am sorry the family had to be put through all this. I heard quite a few funny stories like Kristy saying that every question she asked me on the phone I would a answer, "I am just going with the flow." She thought it was so funny. No matter what she asked that was my answer.

Now seriously. It is two weeks today since the surgery. I am able to walk without any assistance of any kind. However if I were to go out of the house I would be most likely advised to use my rolling walker. My RN released me today and said she could not believe my progress. I am still under the care of a Home Health PT and until I am released from her I am not allowed to go out of the house except for Dr appointments or occasionally church. Which I have yet to attempt. I have not been taught how to get into the car yet without twisting. I am not allowed to bend, twist or stoop. So I am trying to figure out how I would accomplish doing that task.

I did get to go down the steps to the family room yesterday. Going down is a lot easier than coming back up I quickly learned. I must admit I am going a bit stir crazy being on this one floor of the house. There is only so much walking you can do on this one floor. I am grateful the surgery is behind me. And I do see improvements in my legs and in my bladder issues. I am anxious for my incision to heal and to see how my back truly feels once I get use to all the metal in there. I will say it doesn't hurt any more than before surgery even now so it can only get better and I look forward to that.

I go back to the surgeon on the 20th and then we will find out then what my next step is as far as work etc. That seems so far away....Keep me in your prayers,and Roger for that matter. I am not allowed to do anything..no housework, nothing! It all falls on his shoulders. He is a saint. He doesn't complain but I know it has to be getting old.

Well I will keep you posted. Luv

7 comments:

  1. Glad you're doing well. I can teach you all about how to get in and out of a car - been doing it for a long time. Don't rush things - everything in its due time. Take it easy and be careful and you'd be back to normal in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are up and about. I hope that you are pain free soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it is over and that is the hard part. You need to take it slow and go with the flow. Good to talk to you. See you at Thanksgiving. LY, Pete

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha Pete, this isn't the year for Thanksgiving in Staunton...hum thought it was in Hyattesville this year. Guess we will have to make other plans. Tee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been so out of the loop. I'm glad that you are doing well. I'm sure things will get better by the day. We are praying for your swift recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been so out of the loop. I'm glad that you are doing well. I'm sure things will get better by the day. We are praying for your swift recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knitting!: I just got your post on LSP. Did Thisiscarrie get in touch with you? There is no pattern, just knit any kind of scarf you want....and email us through LSP for locations to send to. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete