Sunday, November 15, 2009

Well it's official!

I got a call tonite, and the head of the Staff Parish Relations Committee has received my letter and the committee met following worship today to discuss the next steps. If this does not make sense to you it will when I explain.

After much thinking and discussion the decision was made... I am going to retire! I will become a stay at home house wife. Well, I am not so sure about the "stay at home" part. After almost 15 years at the church as administrative assistant, I will be retiring. I will go back to work until then as soon as I am allowed to by the surgeon and I will be training whomever they hire .

I am looking forward to catching up on things around the house during the bad weather and doing more volunteer work when the weather breaks. That is one thing I will be glad about...not having to go out in the ice and snow and chance falling. I will have longer to recuperate. I am doing super, don't get me wrong, I am up even doing shopping for the holidays. It is good for me to be up moving. It is sitting for any legnth of time that is hard. I go back to the surgeon on the 20th for my 5 week check up.

Roger and I are both happy about this decision. I should be retired no later than Dec. 18th just in time for Christmas.

Love and hugs to all.

3 comments:

  1. Hurrah! Being a "stay at home" mom/wife is the best! I don't miss work at all. Welcome aboard, I am sure you will be a strong contributor to our organization!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You will be able to get so much done. I can only imagine what I would be able to do with my stay at home time if I didn't have the boys to tend. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woopp wow, I am happy for you when is your retirement party???? I am sooo happy for you. If you want to volunteer hao about helping an old man by raking my leaves? Just kidding. Well enjoy yourself and do what ever you want.

    ReplyDelete