Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"Awaiting the arrival"

I sit here waiting for the floors to dry and contemplating the arrival of my children and grandchildren for Christmas.

As I think about all the excitement that will fill this house I can't help but think about the excitement on that night years ago. The night when our Savior was born. I can only imagine how the shepherd boys felt as they gazed upon the babe in the manger.

My heart is just so full of joy because of the idea of my grandchildren being here this year, but the joy in my heart for my Savior is just bursting. Where would I be this day without His love, the gift of His grace in my life? What a perfect gift He is.

So dear ones, as you unwrap your gifts, as you hug your grandchildren and children this Christmas, keep in your hearts the greatest gift we have, our precious Jesus who was born on Christmas and who ultimately died to save us and give us everlasting life.


Merry Christmas to you all. From our house to yours may you be filled with His love!

3 comments:

  1. MERRY CHRISTMAS May 2010 be a better year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Give everyone hugs for us! We love you!

    ReplyDelete