Wednesday, December 2, 2009

We are so blessed!

The day before Thanksgiving after working all night, Lee walked into my house early in the morning (before I woke up) and put a turkey in the roaster and started cooking. I woke up to the smell of turkey. I came out to the kitchen and there he was making pies and preparing a full dinner. His wife had to work on Thanksgiving and he said he was going to cook Thanksgiving dinner at our house. He said he wanted to cook for me because I am always doing for others. When he said that I had no idea he was going to have a special project at work requiring him to work all night.

He insisted on doing it anyway. After he got things going, I told him to go lie down and take a nap. He went to lie down and just about that time in walked Trinity and Tara. He got up immediately. I couldn't believe it. Back to work he went. He would not let me lift a finger. Roger was working that day and by the time he got home dinner was ready and it was delicious.

Here I was recovering and my sweet son came over and cooked us all a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. It was wonderful!

If that wasn't good enough he left lots of leftovers and two pies.

The next day which was Thanksgiving Bonnie and Larry Spoon invited us over for another Thanksgiving dinner. Yikes...we will have to diet for weeks to take off all that wonderful food we ate.

3 comments:

  1. Lee is great. Sounds like you had a great time but better start watching the calories after all that. Take care of yourself and hope for a fast recovery.

    ReplyDelete